D.W. Karn & Company
Established in 1873 in Woodstock,Ontario as Miller& Karn till 1924.
Around 1896 they made the Karn-Warren pipe organs with the Morris company from Listowel, Ontario. D.W. Karn & Company was originally founded as an organ manufacturer. Although they produced a large number of pianos, the organ business remained their mainstay.
Karn pianos were known for their finely crafted ornate cabinetry. Although the furniture component of these instruments was first class, the musical instrument was of average quality.
The D.W. Karn Company formed a partnership with Morris & Company in 1909 and operated until 1924. Sherlock Manning bought the remaining business and produced pianos under the Karn label until 1961.